Keep an eye on this!

Does the Walter Reed hospital story bother you as bad as it does me and others? In conjuction with The Brick Pizzeria, we are developing a shirt that we feel makes the point. Yes, we will make a buck or two off of them, but we want the a percentage of the proceeds to go to a decent organization or group. At this time, we are leaning towards the Imus ranch for children. Im all for it, but I also think Id like to split that and share with an organization that is helping our injured veterans. After all, thats the issue behind the shirts... What do you folks think? Tell me at harleygeek@thegerb.org

Ideas from the outer perimeter

Iscoot2 came back with the first input! Check out his ideas for our charity selection under the "Special Links" section!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Another great reason...

I must thank "Gunner" for this excellent reminder...

A couple of months ago I said goodbye to my son as he left on his 6th tour to Iraq. He has also served 2 tours to Afganistan as a SF officer. There was a part of me that wanted to tell him not to go again. Not only as a normally worried parent, one who personally knows the horrors of combat, but also as one is has been constantly bombarded with the defeatest propaganda from the left. I wanted to tell him that he’s 33 yrs. old and has a son at home to raise. “Stay home, let someone else go, this country isn’t worth risking your life for anymore.” I know, from my Nam expierience, just how ungrateful this country can become. I read the papers and see the news, filled with filth and scum, from corrupt politicians to the human monsters they called child molesterors. i know what kind of pampered, ungrateful scum that we will face at the wall and their willing accomplicies in the media. Part of me want’s to say that America has died and isn’t worth my son’s life anymore. Then i think of our ancestors and the sacrifices they made to give us the freedoms we take for granted today. I think of my son’s grandfather, my father, riding out his missions in a B-17, behind a waistegun, over Germany. I think of my grandfather in Bellu Woods and the muddy fields of the Argonne and his granfather dying on a hot summer day in a field called Gettysburg. I think of all of them, the worries their families had, and how lesser men thought them fools. Then I look into the faces of small children, the innocents who deserve a free and secure future in this great country of ours. My son and millions of others stand their ground against the beasts who would take that all away. someone once said that for evil to triumph good men only to do nothing.i will be at the Wall Saturday, even if i have to drag this broken old body of mine there. I will proudly stand beside you, my brothers and sisters, as we face down this rabble filth, this enemy within.God Bless you and God Bless America. America will survive as long as the true flame of patriotism burns in our hearts.

No comments: